Nigel's Network Security & Monitoring page
My favorite firewall - SmoothWall
Other Firewall's I am testing
VPN - Virtual Private Network
Linux iptables & other advanced networking
Network Intrusion Detection
- Snort -
[mirror]- a lightweight network intrusion detection system, capable of performing real-time traffic analysis and packet logging on IP networks.
- Snort for Win32.
Other Network Utilities
- NMAP - The Network Mapper, Stealth Port Scanner For Network Security Auditing.
- NetCat - reads and writes data across network connections, using TCP or UDP protocol.
- TCPdump - tool for network monitoring and data acquisition.
- Ntop - Displays a summary of network usage by machines on your network in a format reminicent of the unix top utility.
- ngrep - network grep.
- The Top 50 Security Tools.
- Trinux is a ramdisk-based Linux distribution
that boots from a single floppy disk, loads it packages from an HTTP/FTP server,
a FAT/EXT2/NTFS filesystem, or additional floppies and contains precompiled versions
of popular Open Source network security tools for port scanning, packet sniffing,
vulnerability scanning, sniffer detection, packet construction, active/passive OS fingerprinting,
network monitoring, session hijacking, intrusion detection, and more.
Trinux also provides support for Perl, PHP, and Python scripting languages.
Download Trinux from here.
FireWall Vendors (Commercial Products)
- Mutiny - The plug-and-ping network monitoring solution.
- RiverSoft - Providing IP Network Management.
- HP's OpenView.
- MRTG - The Multi Router Traffic Grapher.
- MRTG Companion Sites.
- RRDtool - Reimplementation of MRTGs graphing and logging features, magnitudes faster and more flexible.
- NT version of RRDtool.
- Cricket is a high performance, extremely flexible system for monitoring trends in time-series data. Cricket was expressly developed to help network managers visualize and understand the traffic on their networks.
Most recently modified: